2013년 1월 20일 일요일

Flash Fiction

Frozen area

flash fiction




When I opened my eyes, two people were watching me. They stared me and shared some words, and walked to the fire. I turned my head right and I can see the crushed airplane. Just few hours ago, I was passenger of that airplane. But now, I'm one of the survivors in that airplane. I don't know where is here, but only thing I can notice is it is too cold place to live. I woke up and walked to fire because it was too cold.

There were four people around the fire. Silence continued long time, and one guy broke the silence. "There are no survivors without us, Just we are survivors." He stopped talking and put snow into the bucket. I turned my head right to left. Snow was surrounding us. One women, passed me one carriage bag. "That's your clothes, keep it safe." Bag was filled with canned foods and warm clothes. I removed snowflakes on the bag and put beside of the fire. "My name is Darius." he said his name while he move the bucket on the fire. "My name is Clara.", she said. She was the only woman of us, excluding me. Behind the fire, two guys said their names, Jack and Louis. Time was running and nothing happened. No planes, no signs of rescue. Louis had a GPS receiver, but it was needless and unhelpful. No one know where is here and what time it is. Sun didn't move and nothing in there excepting the snow. No animals, no insects, no moving things excluding us. Just some needle leaf trees were standing here and there. I opened my canned food, can tuna, and started to eat it. Approximately 6 hours passed, but it seems to be there might be no sunsets or sun's moving.

Times running, everyone fell a sleep. I slept with small blanket, I but blanket on my head and fell asleep. I woke up because of fire. I thrown some dried branches to the fire and looked around. 'One, two, three, and f,, where is four?' I checked people's face and I noticed that there was no Jack in here. Jack have disappeared. Louis woke up and recognize the situation. "Where is Jack?" We couldn't find any footprints of Jack. Snowy weather erased all of evidence and clues of him. We tried to find Jack, but no one could find him. I felt weird because of the dream. God came to me and said to me. I will be the survivor of this game and you can escape here. So I believed that I could become a survivor of this game , and Jack was just out of this game. And after this happening, no one could fell a sleep easily.

Everyone scared with sudden death and just stayed night. And just some days after, Louis have been murdered by Darius and Clara. Darius clipped him by ax, because he tried to steal the canned food of him and Clara's. time is running, and there were no food left. The only thing that they could eat full is just water. They drunk water because of hunger, starvation, but, no one could satisfied with it, only water. Clara claimed we must eat the stew of human meat. It was necessary because our no canned food were left. We ate tree bark, resins, roots of tree and human meat. We made stew of Louis, and it was terrible to eat. But, we need to take the protein for living, so it was necessary. One day, Darius walked to over the horizon, to find the way of escape. But finally he can see the ocean, and he could notice that it is big iceberg, and we were isolated.

I killed Darius in that night by my knife, and throw him to a ocean. Ocean became red, because of his bloods, and I backed to my base camp. I planned to kill Clara. And, I believed I can rescued by god, because of that dream. I vividly remember that dream, when Jack have disappeared.

Next day, I went to cliff with Clara because of researching of this isolated iceberg. Of course, it was lie. And next, reach to the cliff, and I push her on the cliff. She fell down, and drown. I waited for my god. But, no one came to here for rescue. But nothing was happened and I was fulled with rage. I am the survivor and, why god keep his words?
I wondered, and Jack appeared. "You are not survivor. You are just murder. He didn't said like that. Not you, but all of us dreamed like you. But, because of your greed of escaping, you blew up all of thing." I stepped back, because of dazing. And, just a second, I misstep and fell down to cliff.

Jack was not disappeared. He just predicted this happening, and waited the rescue.

And, Jack was a survivor.

댓글 1개:

  1. Yunho,

    You have a very creative mind. I enjoyed reading this but I think it needs to be edited. It is also a little violent!

    답글삭제